Top 6 Most Romantic Destinations In Vietnam
Vietnam is an amazing place that offers a lot to anyone who looking for something very special. It is a romantic getaway to spice up your relationship or simply walk hand in hand in a quiet, beautiful place. An isolated island or and peaceful old town are places that you will feel there are only two of you in the world. And they are just a few of the many destinations you can visit when you travel to this beautiful country. I and my partner try to go on a holiday together at least one in a year. And we had spent 3 weeks to discover Vietnam. Of course, not all couples are the same. Some like to have tons of adventure activities, some prefer luxury resorts with good food and white sand beach, but for those who are looking for a romantic trip, Vietnam is ideal for a short break and good chance to briefly escape from your daily routine. With a little research, you can find perfect places for you and your partner. But to save your time, we have here a list to keep you inspired with love.
Get lost in the valley which is known as “Le Petit Paris” with your soulmate and stumbles upon something unexpected during your visit with all the beautiful sceneries. You can visit this city all year round thanks to its cool climate. With famous lakes, pine forests, many kinds of beautiful flowers, the loving atmosphere delighted by Viet couples getting to this valley to take wedding pictures, a trip to Da Lat will be unforgettable & meaningful for couples.
- From December to March: it is springtime in Da Lat. Flowers blossom everywhere, making this land more vibrant. - From May to August: is summer time in Da Lat. The weather rises slightly but still warm enough. There will have some small drizzle rains so it’s better to carry an umbrella when you want to have a walk.
- Da Lat Flower Park: One of the breathtaking botanic garden, Da Lat Flower Park has many kinds of colourful flowers that you might not see elsewhere. It also has a small garden of rose and a small market where you can buy seeds for your home. - Ho Xuan Huong Lake Considered as one of the most romantic places in Da Lat, this lake is worth to visit. The view is nice, the air is fresh, the path is comfortable and it’s all free. - Tuyen Lam Lake: About 20 minutes south and a bit west of Dalat, this is a beautiful lake with a view to a villa of Bao Dai - the last King of Vietnam. - Lake of Sighs: Lovely place for couples. There are horse riding and lots of beautiful flowers. - Pongour waterfall: This breathtaking waterfall plunges down from mountains form 40 meters high, spreading over more than 100 meters of 7 rock levels with hundreds of vivid wildflowers covering poetic paths. - Langbiang: Located at the heights of 2.169m above the sea level, Langbiang not only offers the amazing view from its peak but also keeps secret about a passionate but sad love of a couple.
Located in the northwestern of the country, you probably know where I’m talking about, right? The majestic Sapa is, undoubtedly, among the best romantic places in Vietnam. There are many things for you to explore and enjoy, from the amazing views of the special culture of ethnic groups. In Sapa, you will feel the time is broken and there are only you and your lover.
- From March to May: This is fall time, the weather is dry, the sky is clear with sunshine makes it comfortable for a visit. - From September to November: Weather is cool and dry, view of SaPa rice terraces is perfect. This is the best time for trekking and photo taking.
- Silver Waterfall: Located about 12 km from the centre of Sa Pa town, this waterfall is formed by sources of water from the Lo Sui Tong mountain peak. On beautiful sunny days, you can see a stunning scene of the fall surrounding by the lush forest of Hoang Lien Son National Park. - Rice terraced fields: Rice terraces have been cultivated in Sapa for hundreds of year by a number of ethnic minorities, the whole fields are filled with bright green or yellow color (depend on the time you visit) like a carpet for the giant. - SaPa market: The markets have old ladies up the backup stairs, cheeky and bold and delightful with their old sewing machines and piles of little bags and fabric ready to make you something to order. - Ethnic villages: Wonderful, authentic and colourful. It's great to see the villagers. - Fansipan mountain: Fansipan is one of the most beautiful attractions in Sapa, It is the peak of Indochina with the elevation of 3143m
- Shop at Sapa market: You can buy small and beautiful handmade products on the market for your lover and admire the colourful clothing of the ethnic groups. - Get in eyes the bright golden rice terraces and take some stunning pictures caused your friend jealous. - Take a dip in the water of the Silver Waterfall. - Climb the Heaven Gate to find a heaven for you two. - Conquer 3,143 meters high Fansipan Mountain together: once you conquer Fansipan, you two will conquer everything to be together forever. But if 3,143 meters are too much, there is a cable system that you can try. Easier and faster way but not less romantic when you can capture the whole lush green valleys into your eyes. - Enjoy the beautiful views over the valleys from the highest peak in Indochina - Enjoy a coffee at the Old Street Café near the Stone Church to bring you back in time to the quietest moment that is very hard to find anywhere else.
Sapa might be a little too crowded for couples seeking privacy but how great it is, there’s a lot of similar beautiful places in Vietnam for you, and Mai Chau is the most outstanding. This is the place where you can forget all the tiredness and worries of busy everyday life from watching the breathtaking view of rice fields to cycling along the beautiful narrow paths. Your hearts will be melted to soft and gentle - perfect for a couple to fall deeply in love.
- September, October, March, April or May are the best times to visit with mild weather (from 18 to 25-Celsius degree) - From June to August is summer, hot and rain sometimes, but sunny (from 25 to 35-Celsius degree).
- Rice fields: Rice fields are bursting with colour surrounding by mountain, red-brown, narrow land paths, wooden traditional stilt houses, water buffaloes and local children make them the best picture of nature. - Ban Lac: Very quiet and peaceful, this village will help you understand the lifestyle and culture of ethnic minority groups in Mai Chau. - Pung waterfall: About 30 km from Mai Chau town, the road is rugged and not easy to access but the view is worth to make a trip. - Chieu cave: Situated in the southwest and considered one of the most impressive attractions in the town, Chieu cave has more than 1,000 steps for you to reach.
- Cycle on the narrow paths between the green rice paddies: Time is slow down for you and your partner to find peace in soul among the peaceful rural life. - Homestay at a traditional wooden stilt house: The local’s stilt houses have two ladders. One on the left named “Tang Chang” is for the women with 9 steps and the second on the right named “Tang Quan” is only for the men in the family with 7 steps. Each of you will step up on different ladders and meet in the middle of the house. - Buy handicraft products: Local people in Mai Chau are mostly White Thai ethnicity. They make colorful handicrafts such as bags, clothes, and bracelets. You will surely find something interesting here to buy. - Step up 1,200 steps of Chieu cave: Need a bit effort but you will have a chance to hold her hand and help her conquer the challenges. Looking down from the cave, Mai Chau valley is stunning. - Have a bath in Pung waterfall: You will be back to your childhood. And you know how lovely a child’s love is!
Interested in untouched beaches, sand, and nice resort? Phu Quoc has a wide choice of things for you and your partner to enjoy. Named as one of the most wanted honeymoon destinations in Vietnam, the vibes of the island, the beauty of its crystal clear blue water and the smoothness of golden sand beach of Phu Quoc will take your breath away as they did to mine.
- From November to March: Considered as the high season in Phu Quoc, this period of time features mild and comfortable weather. The temperature is usually around 25-28 Celsius, the humidity remains at the low level and the sky is clear and sunny. - From April to June: These are the hottest months of the year with an average temperature of 32 Celsius and the humidity is around 80%. But it also means cheaper price and less crowd - which is the best for couples who want to stay away from the hub.
- Phu Quoc National Park: takes up more than half of Phu Quoc Island’s area, this park is a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve since 2010. You can sport wildlife and plants such as long-tailed macaques, silver langurs, otters, and hornbills. - Duong Dong market: Stayed along Tran Phu street, this is the busiest and largest outdoor market in Phu Quoc where is famous for mushroom, pepper, and cashew. - Fishing villages: Not far from the center, fishing villages of Phu Quoc such as Ham Ninh, Ganh Dau, and Rach Vem attract visitors with the daily life of local fishermen. - Suoi Tranh waterfall: Located 7 kilometers west of Duong Dong, the waterfall is surrounded by lush gardens, numerous walking paths, natural caves and rock pools. If your partner likes adventure, you can hike up to visit Hang Doi which is 200 meters in height. - Dinh Cau Rock: Dinh Cau Rock is beside Duong Dong Fishing Harbour. It was constructed in 1937, has a lighthouse and a Buddhist shrine to commemorate the God of Sea.
- Walk hand in hand along the white sand of Sao beach: Praised as one of the best and lesser-known beaches in Vietnam, this moment of being together on a tranquil beach will easily touch your heart. - Have a drink at Rory’s Beach Club: This is one of the most popular beach clubs on Phu Quoc, the best place to grab a cocktail, mocktail, beer and talk. - Watch the sunset together: Sit on the beautiful white sand, anywhere along the west coast and get ready for one of the best sunsets in Vietnam. - Visit night market: It’s lovely to buy seafood, fruits with at relatively low prices and have dinner when the sun has set. - Go jungle in the national park: Your trip will fill with unique flora and fauna, evergreen forest, and dense mountain ranges. - Treat your soul at a spa centre: There are many luxury hotels in Phu Quoc offer luxury spas which will awaken your sense of relaxing therapies from Guru Spa Thailand with a distinctive message.
From September to November and from March to May are ideal for a trip to Halong Bay because of the dry climate and pleasant temperature.
- Floating villages: These villages offer you a chance to discover the daily life of Ha Long Bay. You can meet playful kids, talk with fishermen and experience the life on the water. - Cat Ba island: Considered as the largest island in Ha Long Bay, Cat Ba owns some of the most impressive natural beauty in the area as well as a wide range of wild species. - Lan Ha island: Lan Ha island is famous for its beautiful beach, rock mountain, stunning view and scuba diving. - Thien Cung cave: Or Haven Cave in English, this is well-known for its stalagmites and stalactites.
- Sunbathe on the beaches: Help your lover applying sunscreen to have a swim or sunbathe on the beaches are must-do things. - Watch sundown: In the late afternoon, the sun slips below karsts, paints the sky in orange and gold. Have a seat on the deck or on the beach and let the sunset mesmerizes both of you. - Cruise down the bay: A romantic trip on a luxury cruise will take you around thousands of islands which emerge from the water like a magic. The charming of this bay will leave you speechless. - Take a tour on a plane: The plane will take you up to 3,000 meters above the sea. All the islands, sculpted valleys, and green mountains are captured to your eyes in the best way. - Kayak: Thanks to thousands of islands, clean blue water, and calming tides, you will have a perfect experience with kayaking
You’re probably not surprised, are you? This can’t be a romantic list without Hoi An in it! It has been a long known fact that Hoi An is the old charming town you must visit with your partner when you visit Vietnam. Dated from the 16th century, Hoi An was a busy trading port. Time flies but it also remains the enchanting streetscapes with many galleries, classic stores, temples, cafe, bridges, yellow colonial houses that draw you for its ancient beauty. Everything in Hoi An reflects the old charm world that you may not want to miss.
- From February to May: This is the best time to visit Hoi An. The weather is mild and comfortable, the sun shines warmly and the sky is clear.
- Japanese Covered Bridge: Dated in 18th-century, the wooden bridge featuring elaborate carvings & a pedestrian passageway. - Gam Museum: The designer combines Italian flare with Vietnamese craftsmanship in the jewellery, Gam museum displays rare minerals & gemstones, plus a courtyard & cafe serving wine & champagne. - Hoi An old town: The most well-preserved ancient town in Vietnam, Hoi An cuts through with canals. This old town used to be a port in the 16th century. Until now, it still keeps the history in the architecture of houses, Chinese shops, Japanese bridge, and pagodas. - Fujian Assembly Hall: Was built around 1690 and functions as a traditional assembly hall for the Chinese ethnic group from Fujian, China to socialize. It later was transformed into a temple to worship Thien Hau, a deity from Fujian province - My Son Sanctuary: 4 hours driving from Hoi An, My Son Sanctuary - the UNESCO World Heritage - is a secret with rich landmarks related to the ancient capital of the Champa Kingdom. - An Bang beach: Tranquil, tree-lined beach featuring white sand, palapas, and chairs
- Take a tour of the old town: Immerse yourself in Hoi An’s old streets with unique small houses, a vibrant maze of bustling markets and amazing food. - Relax on the tranquil and quiet beaches. - Take a romantic stroll by the riversides. - Make a wish for your love before floating a paper lantern into the water. - Explore the mouthwatering local foods - Pray for your long-lasting love at beautiful temples.
If you feel want to find a place where you can share beautiful memories with your lover, book a flight to Vietnam and start your dreamy journey with my list. Or you can customize your own.