If you are planning a getaway for you and your lover, your first thought might come up with Hawaii, California, and Florida again. Let’s your mind wander further, to an exotic land which has numerous beautiful white beaches, heritage, history, culture, and adventure – a land names Thailand.
You will never get disappointed in Thailand if you are after the beaches. With over a thousand islands, it takes you a lifetime to explore them all. But of course, you don’t have to do so, pick some of the best and save the rest for your next trips. Make sure don’t miss Krabi – one of the most stunning scenery with jungle, over 200 islands just off the coast, pristine nature and idyllic white sand beaches.
Suggested tour: Island Hopping tour
How to get to Krabi
Located on the south-west coast of Thailand, around 800km from Bangkok and 170km from Phuket, the easiest ways to access Krabi are by road and air. There are more than 20 flights per day from Bangkok which get you to Krabi in 1 hour 20 minutes. You can also fly from Chiang Mai (2 flights per day) and Koh Samui (1 flight per day) to the island.
If you don’t like flight, there are direct buses to Krabi from Bangkok, Koh Samui, Hat Yai, Phuket, and Trang. As the prices change frequently, you should arrange a tour with a travel agency for the best price or contact ExoticVoyages for details.
Best time to visit
– November to March: This is the perfect time since the rainy season is over. This island offers the best weather and nature with blue, clear sky, cool air, and gorgeous beaches. It is also the peak season.
– April to May: These are considered as the hottest months in Krabi just before the monsoon hits Thailand with high humidity.
– June to October: This is considered the wettest months in Krabi but continuous days of heavy rainfall are rare. While the weather is hot, humid and rainy, the prices are low, making this one is the cheapest time to plan a trip.
Best things to do for couple
There are reasons why Krabi has been voted one the best destinations for beach-stay in Thailand for years: This island boasts its beautiful scenery of limestone karsts, coral reefs, and the spectacular beaches.
For a couple, it provides an unforgettable experience. Whether you come to rekindle a relationship, mark its longevity, or celebrate a new chapter, Krabi will not fail you.
1. Sunset cruise
What is more romantic than sipping cocktails while watching the sun going down, dyeing the horizon by its vivid color? Krabi offers an opportunity for lovers to view the spectacular sunset from a traditional longtail boat. The vessel will also stop at one or two dive spots for you to explore the marine life under the crystal clear water. (To know more about diving, read here).
2. Go kayaking
Kayaking is a wonderful way to explore Krabi’s astonishing scenery when the thin boats move through coastal ecosystems, canyons, and caves. You can choose either Ao Thalane (with narrow canals of blue-green water, surrounded by mangroves on both sides), Bor Thor (ancient limestones caves) or Kor Hong (an island with a secret lagoon at its center).
3. Escape to Railay
Railay (or Railey) is a mainland peninsula which is accessible only by boat because three of its sides are surrounded by the sea while the rest one is backed by stunning limestone cliffs that cut it off from all roads. Railay, without a doubt, boasts the most world-class beaches with white sand, the emerald green water, palm trees and a backdrop of rugged rocks. If you want to really get away together, this might be the perfect place for your couple.
4. Rock climbing
Don’t visit Railay without trying your hand at rock climbing. The climbing Mecca attracts climbers from over the world to adventure. If you are beginners, this peninsular offers training courses (from a full day to 3 days course) to give you the confidence to take that risk. No special skills are required other than the willingness to do it.
5. Couple massage
I don’t find anything more intimate than a couple massage. Settings vary from air-conditioned indoor sanctuaries to warm scented tropical gardens, Spa centers in Krabi provide a welcome escape to couples. A 2-hour traditional Thai massage session will rejuvenate your bodies and soothe your souls. Boossabakorn Spa in Ao Nang and Kantawan Spa in Krabi Town provide full-service day spa which is suitable for couples.
6. Party all night long
If you are looking for some nightlife and an exciting atmosphere, Ao Nang Beach is a good place to start. There are many lively bars selling delicious cocktail and playing good music, make you hard to stand still but start to shake.
Ao Nang Center Point is the best-loved nightspot, you can also try Luna Bar, Klinky Beach Bar, Sabina Nightclub and Full Moon Bar. For a more sophisticated evening, visit the Last Fisherman Bar or the Hilltop.
7. Relax in nature’s own hot tub
Head to the south 70km from the town, you’ll see natural hot springs located in the jungle. The mineral-rich water here comes from thermal springs, originating deep underground in volcanic chambers. The water temperature at a pleasant 35-42 Celsius degree which is perfect for soaking and relaxing. What can be better for your health and mind than lazing in a hot water up to your chin and watching the clouds go by?
For more private, you can go to some Spa centers which offer a spa and hot spring on their property. These places are not so far from the natural hot spring waterfall.
8. Chill out at the Emerald Pool
A visit to the Hot Springs would not be complete without a trip to the nearby ‘Emerald Pool’ at the Natural Park. This is one of the top attractions every traveler should do in Krabi. You will have to get through the Khao Nor Chu Chi forest, pass by a series of mini-pools, waterfalls, tropical trees and streams to reach the pool. This is not a hot spring but a cool and clear water that is just a heaven to swim in.
9. Go On A Four Island Tour
One of the activities that you shouldn’t miss is taking the Four Island Tour. You are transferred to 4 different islands (mostly are Koh Poga, Koh Gai or Chicken Island, Koh Tub and Koh Mor) on a longtail boat and will stop at each location for your swimming in the turquoise water, sunbathing, and having lunch on the most beautiful beaches in Krabi. For the couple who love snorkeling, the boat will stop at some of the open water snorkeling sites for your interest.
10. Shop At The Night market
Just like many other big Thailand towns, Krabi has a night market which opens every Friday to Sunday. You can grab delicious street food and coconut ice-cream at more than seventy food stalls. They also offer authentic Thai food and drink to sample. If you haven’t bought souvenirs to bring home, here is a good place to do. Many handicrafts, clothing, jewelry, and accessories are sold through the market. These will sometimes also feature performances from street artists, bands, and dance groups.
Here are some ideas to make you the most of 7 days staying in Krabi. You can find it helpful for an itinerary of shorter time. You can also contact us to find out more how to book tour and activities in Krabi or if you want to combine it with other destinations for an Island Hopping tour which give you the opportunity to discover 4 best islands of Koh Samui, Koh Pha Ngan, Krabi and Phi Phi.
– Day 1: Transfer to Krabi. It’s time to check-in the hotel, relax and discover the neighborhood around your hotel.
– Day 2: Ao Nang and the 4-island tour. Dinner in Ao Nang offers everything from pizza to sushi and the friendly nightlife is worth hanging around for.
– Day 3: Visit the forest temple at Tiger Cave and climb the 1260 stairs to the mountain-top shrine to have the 360-degree view. The rest of the day, you can go shopping and try local food in the town.
– Day 4: Trek the Khao Pra-Bang Khram Nature Reserve. The forest has many walking trails which lead you to a crystal-clear pool for swimming and the perfect natural jacuzzi at the hot springs.
– Day 5: Day trip to the Hong Islands, located 25km north west of Ao Nang. This is the most beautiful island near the Krabi coast, boasting spectacular beaches, cool wildlife, and a hidden lagoon. You can spend all day long here to swim, snorkel, scuba dive and watch the sunset. Or you can choose Railey for rock climbing instead.
– Day 6: Kayaking to explore the mangrove and cave as well as to spot birds, monkey, and lizards up close. If kayaking makes you tired, you can enjoy a couple massage in the late afternoon.
– Day 7: Take time out to do some shopping or visit weekend night market in town to sample the best street food in Krabi.
Find out more about romantic things to do in Thailand for your honeymoon.