When I see all of these 5-star reviews for Exotic Voyages, I think “It can’t be true. How can anyone be so good?” But, having recently completed our second adventure with EV, all I can say is ...
When I see all of these 5-star reviews for Exotic Voyages, I think “It can’t be true. How can anyone be so good?” But, having recently completed our second adventure with EV, all I can say is “Believe it!”
My wife and I have used them twice for travel to Asia. In 2018, they arranged a private tour (me, my wife, a local guide, and driver) for 25 days in Vietnam (Hanoi, Sapa, Ha Long, Hue, Hoi An, HCMC, and Mekong Delta). We were so pleased with the experience that we booked them this year (2019) for another private tour (~23 days). This time for Siem Reap (Angkor Wat), Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Hanoi (we love Hanoi). We just returned from this trip and it was another outstanding experience.
Our travel designers Tran Thuy (aka Judy) and Thu Ha were outstanding. We listed the types of things we wanted to see/learn, activities we like, and our general fitness level. They responded with suggestions for each area and lodging options at low/mid/high price points. We chose mid. We were able to check each hotel before deciding at which property we'd like to stay. Planning with them was fun, easy, and, in our opinion, surprisingly affordable.
Some things that we really appreciated:
- Timely communication with EV. Communication before, and during, our travel was outstanding. Several times throughout our trip, EV checked-in with us to see how everything was going.
- Visa Service. We chose to have EV obtain necessary visas as we traveled. The process was seamless. Representatives met us at airports, obtained our documents, and whisked us past long lines.
- Private Tours. As we saw so many groups following tour guide with a flag, we really enjoyed walking side-by-side with our personal guide. All were knowledgeable of both local history and culture, personable, and had good language skills. My wife says that she’s been completely spoiled.
- Itineraries and events. Everything was truly customized to our request. During our planning process, we went through several versions before finalizing our plans. In several cities, we even had EV build-in a couple of days of free time for exploring on our own.
- EV travel designers and support. We’ve come to feel like we are working with close friends. They’ve taken time to understand what we like and don’t like and did a wonderful job of matching activities and accommodations to our approval. During our travel, everything flowed perfectly.
We couldn’t be more pleased with our experiences and are already thinking of our next trip.